Student Spotlight

Senior Aliyah Clyburn

Student+Spotlight

Jordan Meek

Aliyah has been class president for the class of 2021 since her sophomore year. Throughout these years, she has contributed to many school and class events. As she continues to end her last year as class president, she is hopeful for the many things she will be able to do for the class of 2021 and Fern Creek.

Q: What is your favorite thing about being a class officer?

A: My favorite thing about being a class officer is organizing events with other class officers. Everybody in the student council has really great vibes and so much fun to be around. I also like helping make decisions for the school!

Q: What is something you are looking forward to doing this year as class president?

A: I am excited to put together things for the class of 2021!  This is our last year so I want to make sure it’s fun and exciting for every student graduating this year. Also prom! I cannot wait to have a prom since we did not get to have one last year. 

Q: What is one thing being a class officer has taught you?

A: Being a class officer has helped me a lot with my leadership skills because you are a voice for the student body and it has also taught me how to work with others, you cannot just make decisions based on your wants but you must hear everybody else out and try to make sure whatever it is you choose, is fit for everybody.